Complicating my life further...

Monday, February 25, 2008

Back for a short time...

I've got an insanely hard Meteorology midterm tomorrow so in a desperate attempt to avoid studying, I have come here to post again.

Sometimes I look at myself and wonder if i'll ever regret what i'm doing.

When I was in seminary (many moons ago) we had speakers of all different backgrounds who came to share their life stories with us. One of them, Jake, would tell us the story of the first time he ate non kosher food. To quote him, as soon as he took a bit of the hot dog, he glanced up to the sky expecting lightning to strike him dead.

Aside from the non kosher part, which doesn't exactly pertain. Bending the rules, yes, but non kosher... weeeeeelllll, not really. But I am always convinced that something awful will happen to me or to my family. God is not a very nice or happy being and I don't want to piss him off.

I know we always rehash the same issue, but that's what this is for. No one else understands, not that I expect them to.

ME: (What I actually say) I don't think I want to be religious anymore. I don't feel anything.
HER: )What she hears) I want to be eternally damned and ruin every one's lives.

1 Comments:

  • Ӏt's in fact very difficult in this busy life to listen news on TV, so I only use internet for that purpose, and get the most up-to-date news.

    Also visit my web blog - locateabuckettruck.com
    Also see my page > locate a bucket truck

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
BookRags: Antigone (Sophocles) Summary