Complicating my life further...

Monday, March 12, 2007

and this is blog world... + an engagement...

There are so many things I would say here... but even in this little corner where I get to express what I really feel, there lives this inate fear of people finding out who I am. I wonder what makes me care so much.

I'm not going to be home for Pesach. Anything to escape that hell. I am definitely in for an interesting Pesach, but in following with my privacy kick, i'll leave the other details quiet.

I thank god that my friends are not into blogs, so I can talk much more freely here... :)

My BFF (best friend forever) is engaged.

I knew the day would come, and I always knew she'd be before me, but I can't help feeling a tinge of jealousy. It's insane, and there is no reason for it, but in a bizarre way, she was mine ( in an a sexual way,) and now she's his. Forever. Another chapter in my life is closed.

Now here's the worrysome part. I'm worried for her. There are way too many things that point to a not-so-good start, or continuation. I know they guy she is engaged to, and was never impressed with him to start off with. She claims he's changed, and maybe he has.
How many people do you know really change.

My friends and I all worry, but I really have only one thing to say, no one can fuck up anyone's lives so perfectly as the person themselves.

I have 3 divorced friends. I've spent hours on the phones with friends who were being beaten, raped and verbally abused by sick husbands. What I haven't seen, i've heard.

Out of the kettle and into the fire. You know what it's like when you want to protect those you love, and you know the best thing you can do for them is let them be burned, so they know that fire hurts.

Sometimes I just wish I could be a happy go lucky self centered person. I don't take people's problems to heart, I don't lose sleep over them. I lose daylight hours... I lose faith.

So I just sit back, smile, congratulate her, go shopping for a gown for her, and a new dress for me. And pretend that i'm not worried about her. When she calls me up crying, I calm her down, tell her he's just being a guy, and cheer her up.

Because in the end, i'd rather she hate herself, then hate me.
___________________________________________________________________
Secret of the day,
In the end, we're all selfish, and we'll do whatever we can to keep the peace. Including lying to those we love the most.

10 Comments:

  • Hi - this is anonymous from the previous post... the one you blasted for hiding under elusive titles... sorry, still guilty of that one. But why do your posts keep on supporting my beliefs?? Don't you see, you're backing me up - the relationship you're looking for doesn't exist! Take the friends you've just listed as examples... Do you know anyone (and not just on the surface, but really know someone) who has a relationship like the one you so desire??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:21 PM  

  • You have to let people make their own mistakes.. and if they mess up, be there for them to lean on. THAT'S the mark of a true friend. And it sems that you are one indeed.

    Like your blog, BTW.

    By Blogger Nice Jewish Guy, at 9:29 AM  

  • "no one can fuck up anyone's lives so perfectly as the person themselves."

    How very true. If anyone would have told me about my ex’s history before we wed I wouldn’t have listened or said she has changed for the better. But in the end, people are at their best during courtship and it’s all downhill after that. So take your time to really get to know the guy and make sure that your compatible on many levels. Check out a post where I discuss critical compatibility factors (somewhere in mid-post) of http://shmuzings.blogspot.com/2006/02/lady-at-end-of-tunnel.html

    By the way, I had friends that withheld very important information about my ex that would have been critical to make an honest decision. She didn’t tell me until 3 months into the marriage.

    DON’T give in to the pressure to marry. Marriage isn’t the goal…Finding the right person for you IS!

    By Blogger smoo, at 12:54 PM  

  • wow... how sad that u have so many divorced friends and u r only 22. and yes i do think that u have to let your friends make their own mistakes, and to be supportive of them no matter what happens. thats what being a friend truly is .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:57 PM  

  • Welcome back to life.

    By Blogger Nemo, at 5:13 AM  

  • Sure, it's good to worry about others and maybe you're right not to give your opinion where it hasn't been asked for, but why must you always look at the negative and failures. Do you ever look at any of your other friends and see how many of them are madly in love and inseparable?

    By Blogger Nemo, at 5:38 PM  

  • Actually, I only have one friend who is madly in love. The rest of them are content, some more content than other, but there are very few of my friends whoa re really MAD about each other.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 7:55 PM  

  • Uh oh... what happened to my comment...

    Oh, so I said...

    Come on, you don't have to have 24 hours sex to be madly in love. Life isn't always romantic and exciting and I'm sure you know that can't be your expectation coming into marriage. Struggling together is also an love.

    By Blogger Nemo, at 5:43 AM  

  • um, so...I have to say your post makes me a little nervous. of course your friend needs to make her own decisions and mistakes, but she can't made a fully informed decision without full disclosure. if you have legitimate misgivings about the guys she's seeing, you really ought to express them in as candid and diplomatic a way as possible and let her make her decisions afterwards. I know if it were me, I'd want my friends' honest opinions, if it might save me from a painful divorce or destructive and unhappy marraige.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:58 AM  

  • Thanks for writing this.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
BookRags: Antigone (Sophocles) Summary