Complicating my life further...

Saturday, July 01, 2006

As per this weekend...

I am officially the only one of my (single) friends that has never had a boyfriend, or kissed a guy.

Interesting stuff.

So far my life is pretty scheduled, the only goal I have left for this year, is to get my drivers license. My second goal for this summer is to get a boyfriend. Third goal is to lose weight so guys will be more interested. Maybe that should come before finding a guy- as I suspect they go hand in hand.



It's people like the one who wrote this post card that make me want to give up.
How can one compare fat to death. I see fat every morning, I face death at lunch.
How shallow and self centered can people be. I hope who ever wrote this turns so fat that they can't leave their house.

I am still bothered by my guyless-ness. How odd. I found out some shocking news about a friend of mine. So shocking- I couln't think straight. Just goes to show- you never really know someone. I mean, being realistic, how many people REALLY know YOU?

4 Comments:

  • Please never rely on a guy to validate you as a woman!!!!
    Lose weight- FOR YOURSELF- and everything will fall into place. Once someone loves themselves- they give off a vibe and everyone wants to be around them.


    And please don't settle for just any guy, as you are worth too much to do that!

    By Blogger kasamba, at 11:39 AM  

  • Coming from a fat girl who has a boyfriend who loves her, you don't need to change your physical appearance to find the right guy. Yeah, guys can be shallow, but when its the right one, he'll see you for who you are; a beautiful woman.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:14 PM  

  • Don't be ashamed hope you find the right one soon.

    By Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom, at 7:42 PM  

  • Frum but Thinking:
    By all means lose weight if you want to. It is fantastic for your physical health and will likely make you just feel better about yourself.

    But for your own sake, do not lose weight to attract guys. As soon as you do, you are telling yourself that you want to get into a relationship with a man who likes you for your appearrance.

    Believe it or not, there are real men out there who are looking for a soul-mate, not just a pretty bed-mate. There are men who want to meet a beautiful woman, and are not concerned about appearance.

    At some point down the track when you have an emotional issue and need somebody to lean on, wouldn't you want to have a man that you know loves you, that you can count on for support?

    Whilst not being as good looking may mean that heads are not going to turn as soon as one walks in, I can guarantee you from experience of people whose appearances have recently changed (to be less attractive), that the new people they meet react to their personality the same as they always have despite the change in appearance. In fact it is easier for them to be certain of the respect that new acquaintances have for them, where previously it was likely that any given person was just interested for their appearance.

    There are certainly people who will immediately be either attracted or uninterested based on one's appearance -and unfortunetely they seem to be the majority, but would you really want to be sharing yourself with such an individual?

    Would you want such a man to be the father of your children?!

    By Blogger Dr Sooll, at 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
BookRags: Antigone (Sophocles) Summary