Complicating my life further...

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Quick personal update....

Things have been following a rather ordinary pattern. Work, school, chocolate, term papers, phone calls, dinner, video's. Oh and work had a bit of an upset. Can't put any details, but something sad happened. Someone passed away, a child, not mine, not yours, no one i've ever met.
I got a text in the middle of the night to pray for this child. I never met the child, yet I knew more about him than most people that did know him. I suppose I am not immune to death. We planned our work schedules around the L'vayah. I did not go- I never met the child. But I got a text about the little child I did not know, from someone who did not know that I knew the child I did not know.
I suppose many of you think I am obsessed with death. On the contrary- it seems death is obsessed with me.

As per Thursdays- I went to the hospital and looked at life. I have resolved to see the life in something- staring at death is no longer an option. I gave her bread and hunted down a nurse for some butter. I freed her arm from beneath the blankets and helped her butter the bread. She turned back to watching "Ushpezin," and I walked to the door. As I turned to leave, she turned to me and said "Thanks."

I have been falling asleep on busses and trains today, fell asleep on the 5, on the 2, on the D, on the B11, on the B41, and on the B49. All in one day. Too little sleep, to much to do.

2 Comments:

  • You described eloquently the circle of life; we do the mundane, we cry, and then eventually we laugh.

    She really appreciates you.
    Tizki L'mitzvos.

    By Blogger kasamba, at 9:46 AM  

  • Thanks, both of you. See I am always worried about death, aside from my own, I am worried that I don't express it. Death horrifies me, but I don't express emotion. I don't cry, I don't get depressed, I just shut it out, the person is gone. So this is kind of a therapy for me to help myself understand my emotions.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
BookRags: Antigone (Sophocles) Summary