Complicating my life further...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Communication

Communication
I'm talking to you about poetry
and you ask me,
"When do we eat?"
The worst of it is,
I'm hungry, too.

Alicia Partnoy
__________________________________________________________

Has this ever happened to you?
You talk to people, about real details, real issues, words from the soul and they simply do not care. I think the real problem is that some people don't have souls. The worst of it is, i'm hungry too.

It's a spiritual hunger, but not just that, a hunger for the arts, to see and understand famous paintings. To read famous literary works and memorize thousands of poems. I used to be the kind of person who appreciated the arts, the sensitive matter. 16 years of Bais Yaakov changes a lot. I never blame, I never accuse, I just wonder.

"And the worst of it is, i'm hungry too"

5 Comments:

  • So powerful and touchy (of course only for those who have a soul).

    By Blogger Chasidic Bochur, at 8:56 AM  

  • man i really like this
    its GOOD!
    can definitely relate

    By Blogger the sabra, at 2:26 PM  

  • Thanks all of you!

    I am not giving up, but it gets hard when all my friends are married and worried about their babies and husbands and I am worrying about whether or not I have a soul.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 8:48 PM  

  • aha...i 'refound' the poem...thanks...

    By Blogger the sabra, at 10:30 PM  

  • You seem to be suffering and if there is any G-d in this world that lets you suffer so, he is not woth believing in. I really hope you find yourself some love and identification. Try to seek it out with real people, not in cyberspace, you won't find salvation here.

    By Blogger AC, at 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
BookRags: Antigone (Sophocles) Summary