Complicating my life further...

Thursday, February 09, 2006

I am a...

I have been blogging- or more like diarying on OpenDiary for over three years. The Jewish life on OD is dismal, so I have for all purposes switched here. OD can be extremely anonymous, but when I try to explain my Jewish customs and life, it gets complicated.

I am a...
Frum, Orthodox, Lubavitch, Litvish, Modern Orthodox girl. I am single and 21 years old. All my good friends are married. Some happily and others not so happily. But that is another story for another time. Some of my friends have 2 children, some have one some have none and some are divorced.

I do not fit into any community. I am constantly at odds with myself. There are days I want to stop being religious completely and there are days I want to become better and more religious.

I just got off the phone with my little sisters, who are twins.
For a little background, my family lives in a small town in **, there are like 2 elementary schools and only one high school. Well my sisters are in Eighth Grade and they just took the entrance exam and passed and all. They just got a letter in the mail saying they were not accepted. NOT ACCEPTED TO THE ONLY SCHOOL IN TOWN. There is no alternative.


I am so upset. This goes with my theory that JEWISH people can suck.

3 Comments:

  • How can that be? What will they do?

    By Blogger FrumGirl, at 8:24 PM  

  • You are treading on dangerous waters. Exposing yourself to too many costumes and cultures. Try to analyze yourself and understand what your goals are and who you don't want to be.

    By Blogger AC, at 7:07 PM  

  • Some day all these pieces will seem to fit together more than they do now. Trust your own process. Therapy helps too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
BookRags: Antigone (Sophocles) Summary