Complicating my life further...

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Through the Looking Glass....*EDIT*

"The horror of that moment," the King went on, "I shall never, never forget!" "You will, though," the Queen said, "if you don't make a memorandum of it.
~Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass, 1872


There are very many people in the medical world that say keeping a journal is unhealthy. One undoubtly writes down things that bother them, things that one would have forgotten had he/ she not written it down. Then the person re-reads what they wrote, and with every word, re-lives the often painful episode. Are we perhaps better off not remembering out pain?

Just when you think your friends are the best, that they love you for you, and you wouldn't be able to live without them. They do something so shocking that makes you doubt everything. If one girl could ever break another girls heart (not in THAT way), it was done to me last night.

Nights are always the worst for me.

"Can't you see my heart is broken on the inside, where, where has it gone?"
"How I wish someone would be my friend, and respect me for the way I am,
together we would laugh and share, if only somebody would care."

-----Marvelous Middos Machine

Never thought I'd be taking comfort from a kids tape song, but that it exactly how I felt last night.

I feel like a fool. I'll be learning from this "mistake."




7 Comments:

  • although i don't know your exact situation, i can definitely relate. girls suck sometimes.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:57 PM  

  • Being disappointed in your friends is not understanding the nature of human nature nor the meaning of friendships.

    By Blogger AC, at 6:09 PM  

  • Keeping a journal can be very beneficial provided you’re not already a manic depressant, seemingly your not.
    You can seriously analyze your growth patterns, see how you felt about certain things at certain times, and it can bring you to a better understanding of “who you are” and where you come from, which can help you achieve your full potential.

    By Blogger AC, at 7:14 PM  

  • Shaifele, aI am so sorry for your heartache!!

    Did that friend ever do anything to you before that hurt you or was this the first time?

    By Blogger kasamba, at 5:33 AM  

  • To answer, K, this has been done to me 100 times. Each time I convince myself that I was the crazy one and I over-reacted. So we continue being friends until she does something hurtful or humuliating to me again. It's like kindergarten all over again.

    I am the dumb one- I should not let her back into my life.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 7:43 PM  

  • To answer you pretzels- I can be disappointed in my friends. It is perfectly normal. The real agenda here is why I continue to allow them to be my friends.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 7:45 PM  

  • sorry you are feeling so sad... Don't think you are cruel or unloyal by deciding to distance yourself from someone who is mistreating you. It is as beneficial to them as it is too you to have boundries. feel better ;)

    By Blogger Esther, at 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
BookRags: Antigone (Sophocles) Summary